Empowerment, Not Entitlement!

We Need Empowerment, Not Entitlement

It Really Isn't All About "Me"!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Faces of My Sons

The death of Trayvon Martin is headline news.  It's being discussed, sensationalized, and politicized all over the printed and broadcast media. The details of how it all happened have yet to be determined, but some, including our President are not content to let law enforcement and the justice system (as flawed as they might be) work it out. Mr. Obama, voicing outrage, inserted himself into the situation telling us that if he had a son, he'd look like Trayvon.  As usual, the President's comments were not particularly useful, and in reality only serve to exacerbate the crisis

Trayvon was, and is, someone's son. But in many ways Trayvon represents all of our sons.  Even if he doesn't "look like" us, his death is a tragedy
 
These are the faces of my sons.  You can try to figure out if you think any or all of them resemble me. But I promise you, the violent death of any one of them would be an event I'm not sure I'd  survive.





No comments:

Post a Comment