Empowerment, Not Entitlement!

We Need Empowerment, Not Entitlement

It Really Isn't All About "Me"!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Patience Of The American People And The Fiscal Cliff, Another Perspective

Here's a well expressed point of view from Doug, a friend of mine, who posted this on his Facebook page.  With his permission, I share it with you:
"The hour for immediate action is here, it is now," Obama said. "We're now at the last minute, and the American people are not going to have any patience for a politically self-inflicted wound to our economy. ... We've got to get this done."

This just annoys me. If the house can't create a bill everyone agrees on and the senate can't either, then we do not need someone standing on the sidelines saying, "we need to get this done." When my employees can't figure something out it's my responsibility to step in and work it out with them, to walk them through the compromise, to lead. LEAD dammit. Sit them down, day and night, for the entire freaking week and weekend if you have to but LEAD, LEAD them to the solution. Don't blame them, don't tell them they failed, GET IN THERE dammit. TODAY.
I must confess, I've given up on the possibility that this President will lead anyone anywhere (Unless being lead astray counts), but I totally agree that leadership on both sides of the isle and in the White House is sorely lacking.   I also think the American people have long ago lost patience with the kabuki theater our elected representatives are trying to pass off as governance.

At the risk of souning like a broken record I thnk it's time to get rid of all of them!  Pink slips for EVERYONE. Perhaps that should be our New Year's resolution!?

No comments:

Post a Comment